Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

People I Wouldn’t Want To Meet On the Street



I basically walk eight blocks every day. That’s around 15 minutes or 10 if you walk fast enough. Our office is located along Amorsolo St. and I get off in front of PBCom Tower to start my treading work out. Walking is just fine though it can be terrible sometimes especially when it’s raining heavily.

It’s during this time when I become observant of everything around me, the people that I meet along the way and their outfit, the buildings, the shops, the cars, the traffic enforcers, the vendors, the homeless, the trees etc. And it’s also the best time to ponder so many things.

Like there are people that you wouldn’t want to meet as much as possible when you’re walking.

First, these are the smokers. I really hate the smell of cigarettes; I don’t like passing in front of a bunch of smoking buddies and I even hate more when someone ahead of me is puffing a cigarette. It’s true that people can smoke in public places but please have some consideration to the health of others. We don’t want your second hand smoke clouding our lungs.

Secondly, I dislike people texting while walking. Isn’t it annoying when you’re walking normally then suddenly you have to walk slowly just because the person in front of you is walking so gracefully and super busy texting? I can’t understand why some people still have time to text on a busy street during rush hour. Equally irritating are some people talking on the phone (in full volume) inside a public transportation. Having unlimited calls doesn’t mean talking to someone endlessly as if you want everyone to hear your conversation.

Lastly, I can’t stand loud people talking about celebrities. Please too much gossips and backstabbing your officemates won’t do you any good.

Do I sound condescending? I hope not. These are just some people that I wouldn’t want to meet but since it’s a small world what can I do? There’s always a possibility that I’ll be walking with them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment