Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Jitters Before Father's Day

Today, our son went home to the province together with his grandmother to have a little vacation of their own. Honestly, it is a bit heartbreaking to see him leave, especially this morning when we accompanied them out and called for a cab.

It is quite different when you are already used to seeing a little tyke inside the house. Our son REM simply makes our day easier the moment we get home from a long day’s work. It is like having to remove all our worries and stress literally when we see him. He does not even have to do anything… all we need is the sight of him and everything is fine. Since he will not be around, the house will surely be a lot quieter.


This Sunday, Father’s Day is going to be celebrated in most parts of the world. This is basically the first time that I will celebrate the day as a full blown dad; hopefully, I can celebrate it with my kid. The plan is to go to the province on Sunday and then go back to Manila the next day. Good thing we are having a holiday on Monday and this plan is possible.


After that, back to our own reality… back to work, empty crib, and the quiet house. It is a good thing that my wife, Jackie, and I have a good relationship with each other. I also made it a point and a promise to myself that no matter what happens, happiness will always be the center of my family. I will practically do anything and everything to ensure elation will always be around. It is also one of the main things that I pray for every single day.

I guess the purpose of this post is to simply show how much I would miss my kid as I will not be able to see him for a while. For now, all I can do is look at pictures of him, which incidentally, we will be getting on Sunday as well. We had some really nice pictures of him from Pic-A-Boo, a photo studio located at SM Megamall Atrium. Hopefully we would be able to post some pictures here to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment