Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Have you had your coffee today?

In the office whenever someone would tell me, “Coffee tayo,” I would simply smile and say, “I just had one this morning”. Coffee has become a vital part of our breakfast table ever since my husband and I decided to move to a daytime job. It is actually his duty to make the coffee because he can do it really well (everyone in the family loves it). In the morning, I would wake up early to cook breakfast then I’ll wake him up to take out the trash and then brew coffee after. So, literally and figuratively, I am the reason why he wakes up in the morning to start his day.

There is nothing really special about coffee aside from caffeine that keeps you awake for some time. It is not even good tummy filler because of its high acid content. Coffee is also diuretic, it can make you pee more and can be a possible cause of dehydration. To add, coffee can also become a kind of addiction. However, people still love to drink coffee. They are even willing to spend big bucks simply to have a cup of Joe. Actually, to them it is not just the coffee that they are paying for but also the name of the coffee shop (joke ^^). Sometimes I also go to these cozy coffee shops not just to spend money but to spend quality time with someone in a homey atmosphere. It is also a good place to chill out especially if you like reading like me.

So whenever someone would tell me, “Coffee tayo,” I would simply smile and say, I just had one this morning. I simply smile because I can tell myself I am lucky enough as I shared coffee with someone that I love, and lots of people, for some reason, miss that very important opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment