Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Family From My Perspective

How do you define family?

Different people give different answers for this question; however, according to my former pastor, “A family is not what you have now like your father and mother, or brother and sister, but the members that you are going to build in the future.” Maybe it was one of his ways to encourage the members of the church, particularly those who came from broken families, to be inspired and not to lose hope that someday they will also have a perfect family to call their own.

I have been asking the same question for a long time, but amazingly, I could not draw an answer easily, not until I conceived the first member of the family I chose to have. That was also the time when I did not feel bad even though I missed a lot of good movies. My stress was relieved even without shopping, and I still have the energy to tidy a messy room even though I only slept for a couple of hours.

It is the same energy that keeps you perky minus the caffeine and sugar. It is the motivation that keeps you waking up in the morning to do your routine work in the office over and over again.

Lastly, it is the sweetest smile, the warm hugs, and gentle kisses that can take away all the worries and beat the rush hour of going back home after a long day of tiring work. A family is simply the joy of belongingness and finding happiness in small things that your loved ones make.

No comments:

Post a Comment